Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Award of Arms - Erik

This was an AoA due for 12th night Jan 2016.  A few of us were furiously working on garb for Simon's knighting and something for Tullia to wear to court (she was getting her AoA in addition to being front and center in the knighting procession).

Marieta found a nice late period source that was similar enough to the Italian manuscripts I was looking at for me to choose this.  Funny enough, we believe our two AoA recipients were dating so it was only fitting they were being worked on at the same time.

My goal was keep it simple, clean, and don't try anything new because I had a bunch of stuff going on.  I'm particularly proud of the white work and details.

Recipient: Erik Gutermuth
Award: Award of Arms
Hand: Humanist bookhand
Specs: guache on bristol
Source: http://daten.digitale-sammlungen.de/~db/0010/bsb00103265/images/index.html?seite=14&fip=193.174.98.30


No comments:

Post a Comment