Friday, August 26, 2016

Pennsic commission - Gift Scroll for Count Cellach

This project was a favor done at Pennsic this year.  Lady Fortune put out a call for scribal help for a friend with the promise of a suitable bribe.  Because I am a glutton for punishment, I thought this was a fantastic idea with the atrociously bad heat.  My only demand was I was provided words.

I met a very nice squire who told me of a gift he was giving to Count Cellach.  I'm a sucker for a great story and well...how could I say no to someone so nice and sincere?  No bribe needed. :)

This took about 1-1.5 hours done in a single sitting.  There are a few flaws in here, the most noticeable one is where I sweat on the page.  It was after all, over 104 degrees with the heat index,  and I was sticking to everything.

I even did capital letters!  Go me!  (I did suffer from a bit of shaky hand at the end, but it got done and he loved it)






No comments:

Post a Comment